My health is preventing me from working at the moment, so I'd like to use my time to help sick kids feel better, not with pills, but with crochet. Follow my journey on my blog ~

Sunday, April 14, 2013

When it rains, it... what now?

Sorry I've been a little absent from my blog -- just found out that our family is doomed to go through a bit of a shakeup.  I knew we would have to move out of this apartment at the end of the school year, but it turns out it's going to have to be... *right* at the end of the school year, and we don't yet have a place to live after that.  The man of the house has to go out of state for "four to six months," um, at the end of the month.  Meanwhile he has to go out of the country on business for a few days.  So he has to move his stuff out, so that I can pack up my things and put them in storage, meanwhile it's my job to find a new place to live, and we will have to somehow work it out so that he can come home and sign paperwork/get me the information necessary to get this to work out. And it looks like there will probably be about a month or two in between moving out of here and moving in somewhere else, barring a miraculous "meant to be" finding.  It's a little unsettling, to say the least, and if there's one thing that makes my various neurological issues flare up, it's stress.

I have a recurring mental image of me sitting on a street corner in raggedy clothes, crocheting away, mumbling to myself and jabbing my crochet hook at whoever accidentally gets close to my carpet bag of craft supplies...

More likely, we will find a house... which intimidates me, but is a good thing in the end.  Whatever happens, my time will be somewhat divided in the upcoming weeks between packing and crocheting and trying to find said house.  I'm trying to think of this as something that could be lucky... some of the best things in life happen by chance (or all of it, depending on how you look at it -- this just happens to be a very short notice sort of chance).  Send some good vibes my way!

I've made another Sundry, I just need to sew the eyes on/embroider the face, they make my hands a bit sore so I've been catching up on baby gifts to give my hands a rest. Will have more pictures up soon, I hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment